Are you a programmer looking to screen Zero at your festival or event? If so, thank you! We truly appreciate your consideration.
Unfortunately it’s very costly to run off Blu-rays/DVDs and send them in the mail. It’s also very time consuming to fill out all those application forms. After submitting to hundreds of festivals and events for this film and The Maker, we’re tired and poor. We’ve decide to no longer enter Zero into festivals or events.
But that doesn’t mean we’re not interested in screening at your festival or event! We just have a few conditions of our own that we’d like you to agree to. If you’re cool with them, then we’re happy for you to screen Zero.
- Invitations to submit must come with fee waivers, i.e no entry fees.
- We won’t send a DVD screener for you to preview, especially now that you can watch it online.
- You can download all the marketing material here. You’re welcome to use the images/text/trailer to promote the film at your festival.
- We won’t be filling out any submission/application forms.
- You must agree to only show Zero for the purposes of your festival or event. You can not broadcast it on TV, add it to a DVD for sale/distribution or put the film online in part or whole. You still need to contact us for permission and let us know where you’d like to screen the film, this just allows us to keep track of where The Maker is being shown.
- You can not alter the film in anyway, including truncating the credits.
- If you decide you’d like to screen Zero, you must purchase the 1080p version for $2.95. This grants you unlimited screenings for the duration of the festival dates (but no more than 2 weeks).
- If you’d like to re-screen Zero after the festival (say for a Best Of or different location a few months later), you must contact us for permission and pay another $2.95 license fee.
- If you’d like to screen Zero somewhere other than a festival (TV, Cinema, Exhibition, other), please contact us with your details to obtain a licensing fee for your event. Be sure to include as much detail as you can including start and end dates and whether your event is commercial or not for profit.
Festivals, please don’t email requesting a waiver of the $2.95. Saying “You don’t have the budget” or are a “not for profit” isn’t an excuse. We had no budget when we made this film but still managed to find a way to get it done :)
That’s it, thanks for your understanding and we hope to hear from you soon.